I’ve got a super, duper easy recipe to share with you. That okay? Good. Because you’ll thank me the next time you have to come up with something sweet and delicious (not to mention cute) for a bridal shower or baby shower or last-minute company or work party or…well, you get the picture.
All I did was take the basic (egg-free) chocolate chip cookie dough truffle recipe below and made it five different ways by changing only a couple of ingredients and dipping the truffles in white or dark chocolate. Of course, you can just stick with the basic recipe but I wanted to give you some ideas to get your creative juices flowing! It’s a very versatile recipe so really you could make it into whichever cookie recipe happens to be your favorite. Have fun!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles-Basic Recipe
1/2 c. (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
3/4 c. Packed Brown Sugar
2 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
1/8 t. Salt
2 1/4 c. AP Flour
14. oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 c. Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
2 c. Dark Chocolate Candy Melts (such as Wilton or the brand I highly recommend, Chocoley)
In a mixer, beat butter and brown sugar on medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in flour and add milk. (Mixture will seem sticky but it stiffens up nicely, don’t worry.) Add chocolate chips. Chill dough in fridge for a few minutes.
While dough is chilling, melt chocolate wafers in microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring each time. When chocolate is completely melted, get dough out of fridge, shape into 1-inch balls and dip in chocolate. Having something like this, helps alot. Place on foil to harden. Drizzle with chocolate or decorate with sprinkles, sugar, etc.
Makes 50 Truffles.
1. Cherry Pecan Cookie–Replace chocolate chips with 1/2 c. chopped dried cherries and 1/2 c. toasted pecans
2. Oatmeal Raisin Cookie–Replace chocolate chips with 1/2 c. raisins and 1/2 c. oats
3. Sugar Cookie–Replace the brown sugar with white sugar and omit chocolate chips
4. White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie–Replace brown sugar with white sugar and replace chocolate chips with 1/2 c. chopped macadamia nuts and 1/2 c. white chocolate chips