Ooey Gooey Butter Cake…in cookie form. That’s what this little pink nugget of cookie goodness is. And it’s delicious. I typically am against cake mixes but it is a must in this cookie (until I can figure out how to make it from scratch, of course!). It’s soft and chewy all at the same time and bursting with strawberry flavor from the cake mix and tiny little pieces of dried strawberries. And they’re perfect for that holiday coming up…ya know, the one with hearts and cupid and all that.
- ½ c. (1 stick) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1, 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 t. Vanilla
- 1 Box Strawberry Cake Mix
- ½-3/4 c. Finely Chopped Dried Strawberries
- 1 c. Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla thoroughly. Beat in the cake mix and then the dried strawberries. The mixture will be very sticky, but that's ok, it's nothing a little powdered sugar can't handle. Put powdered sugar in a bowl. Coat your hands in powdered sugar and pinch off some of the cookie dough, roll into a ball about 1" in diameter and dredge in the powdered sugar then place on the baking sheet. Keep using the powdered sugar to coat your hands in order to work with the dough. Place the balls about 2" apart on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, rotating and switching racks halfway through to ensure even baking. Let cool on pan for 2 minutes and move to a cooling rack and let cool completely.