I whipped these muffins up randomly the other night when I needed something super quick for the kids to eat the next morning. The kids lost their minds over them…to put it mildly…and ate three before the night was even over.
They are a super moist, almond flour muffin…so no gluten (obviously) but also no sugar, no oil, no dairy…100% vegan/plant-based AND Keto AND out-of-this-world yummy! I used freeze-dried strawberries to avoid the issue of too much moisture in the batter and love the little bits of chewy strawberry in every bite. And the almond extract sends it over the top.
So get your weekend baking on and make you family suuuuuper happy with these little muffin gems fresh out of the oven! Do it!
- 4 c. Almond Flour
- ½ t. Sea Salt
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- ½ c. Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener (or sucanat, xylitol, swerve, stevia, etc)
- ¼ c. Unsweetened Applesauce
- ¼ c. Ground Flaxseed, mixed with 6 T. Water (this will be your "egg")
- ½ t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 T. Almond Extract (or use more vanilla if not an almond fan)
- ¾ c. Plain, Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 c. Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners or spray with coconut oil non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together almond flour, salt, baking soda and sweetener.
- On low speed with the paddle attachment, beat in applesauce, flax "egg", vanilla, almond extract and almond milk. Beat in freeze dried strawberries.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes until tester comes out clean. They stay very moist in the middle and never really get completely dry and that's ok!
- Let them cool COMPLETELY in the pan before removing. Run a sharp knife around the edges then carefully get under with a spatula and nudge out. Mine tend to stick just a bit to the bottom of the pan but that issue may be avoided with liners.