As promised, my famous Peanut Butter Ball recipe! Ok, maybe they’re not quite famous, BUT I have sold alot of this candy over the years and people love them! It’s a recipe I have never shared before but since I took it to the cookie exchange I figured why not put it on the blog? As you can see, I chose to top mine with crushed potato chips-delicious! There are a lot of peanut butter ball recipes out there but this is the best, in my opinion. They are super creamy and 100 times better than a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Seriously, the best. But that’s just my opinion…
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter
- 2 c. Creamy Peanut Butter (I prefer Peter Pan)
- 1 lb. (3¾ c.) Powdered Sugar
- 1 lb. High-Quality Chocolate Candy Coating
- Crushed Potato Chips, Chopped Dry-Roasted Peanuts, etc for topping
- Melt the butter in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter and stir until smooth and thoroughly combined. Add the powdered sugar and stir until completely incorporated. The mixture will become stiff (you may need to use your hands, I do). Form into two balls and let it stand overnight on the kitchen counter. Knead it the next morning until smooth. Put in the refrigerator to firm up a bit, about an hour. Form into 1½” balls and place on a foil lined cookie sheet. Place back in the fridge while you melt your chocolate. Melt the chocolate candy coating in a microwave at 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until smooth and completely melted. Dip peanut butter balls (I remove only a few from the refrigerator at a time) in chocolate and immediately top with crushed potato chips, chopped peanuts, etc. and let cool on foil until hardened.