As the title suggests, these are the PERFECT Saturday morning pancakes…minimal effort when you’re just feeling kind of tired and things are slow. They come together quickly and in minutes you’re enjoying fluffy, thick pancakes! Best of all they are dairy, egg and sugar free!
We topped ours with fresh raspberries, dark bing cherries and a bit of powdered xylitol (that I had made by just processing xylitol in my Vitamix). Oh and someone may have used just a bit of Dark Chocolate Fudge Sauce on theirs but I’m not saying who. 😉
- 1½ c. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- ¾ c. Unbleached All-Purpose Flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 2 T. Baking Powder
- ¼ t. plus ⅛ t. Sea Salt
- 1, 14 oz. Can Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- ⅓ c. Xylitol
- 1½ T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ c. Coconut Oil
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- Place all the remaining ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high until everything is smooth and completely combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk gently to combine. Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and melt just a bit of coconut oil on it. Scoop the pancake batter onto the griddle using a ⅓ measuring cup for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the top of the pancake and the edges look dry, about 4-5 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side.
- Eat with toppings of choice...fresh fruit, powdered xylitol, maple agave, etc.