I haven’t made this recipe for a little over a year. And there is a very good reason…I can’t NOT eat these.
Yes, it’s true. Self-control practically goes out the window when I make these bars and a year ago I was making them WAY too often and enjoying WAY too many. One of the problems is that everyone else around me loved them too so I had no excuse NOT to make them for every and any social function. And even worse I never would give out the recipe because there was that tiny little recipe hoarder voice in me that said “these are good…like, really, really, REALLY good and one day you may went to sell them in your amazing vegan bakery so do not, I repeat DO NOT give away the recipe”.
I listened to that voice for a long time but over the past year I’ve realized that sharing is caring and who am I kidding, I’m not getting up at 3 in the morning, every morning, for the rest of my life to bake and sell anything!
So, I was really excited to make these again not only to eat but also for the blog! They are so stinking easy because you basically put everything in a high powered blender and blend! And of course they are vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, no oil and no eggs! Does it get much better?! Don’t be put off by the chickpeas–they make these bars SO creamy and moist it’s unbelievable. And they cut way down on the fat and calories while adding a good amount of protein and fiber!
I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 2, 15 oz. Cans Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. Unsalted Almond Butter
- ⅔ c. Agave
- 2 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 t. Sea Salt
- ½ t. Baking Powder
- ½ t. Baking Soda
- ¾ c. Chocolate Dreams Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or other vegan brand of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 8x8 or 9x9 pan with non-stick coconut oil cooking spray.
- In a high-powered blender (I use the dry attachment for my Vitamix) add all ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Blend on high until mixture is completely creamy and smooth. You may have to stop and scrape down the mixture several times to make sure you get all the chickpeas blended in.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl and stir in ½ cup of the chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the mixture.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.