Sometimes “mistakes” in the kitchen really work out. For instance, Strawberry Fruit Dip. It started with me wanting to do some kind of simple, homemade strawberry candy or truffle for Valentine’s Day. But as I mixed up this pretty pink concoction, I slowly realized the consistency was, ummm, not quite…firm. This is normally when I go into panic mode. But I decided to shove it in the fridge overnight and see what would happen. I literally laid in bed trying to think what I could do with the mixture. It tasted WAY too good to throw out. What to do?!!?
So, the next morning I was again racking my brain with what to do as I ran a few miles on the treadmill (how wrong is that??). And then it hit me–fruit dip! Perfect. I wouldn’t have to throw it out! Phew. And what a yummy fruit dip it is…packed with strawberry flavor and so creamy and delicious. I served it at a party with graham crackers, fudge brownies, pretzel chips, strawberries, bananas and apples. My favorite thing to dip in it was the pretzel chips. It reminded me a really amazing white chocolate dipped pretzel but with strawberry flavor thrown in. And the best thing was I didn’t have to spend hours in my kitchen rolling little balls of strawberry truffles and dipping them in chocolate.
Yay for “mistakes”!
- 1, 8 oz. Package Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 c. White Chocolate Morsels, melted and cooled
- 1 c. Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
- ½ c. Strawberry Preserves
- ½ t. Pure Vanilla
- ¼ t. Strawberry Oil (optional)
- 1 c. Powder Sugar
- Pink Dye (for color--optional)
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until cream. Beat in melted chocolate until smooth. Stir in vanilla wafer crumbs, strawberry preserves, vanilla and strawberry oil. Beat in powdered sugar. Serve with fruit, cookies, marshmallows, pretzels, etc.