Is it donuts or doughnuts? I literally spell it differently every time I type the word. I have no idea which one to choose. BUT WHO CARES because however it’s spelled we’re talking about DONUTS. Let’s just eat them and feel suuuuuuuuuper guilty later. Or not! Because these are actually healthy donuts!
Yep, vegan, refined-sugar free, oil-free, baked and SO FREAKING DELICIOUS. My favorite donuts are the cake type and this particular donut is just like a piece of moist chocolate cake with finger-lickin’ chocolate frosting slathered all over the top. Aaaaaaaaad it’s even made with BEANS. Yes. Indeed.
So healthy. So good. Make them for someone you love….Valentine’s Day is a GREAT excuse to eat chocolate. 😀 So indulge and enjoy!
- 2 c. Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. Plain, Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 1 ½ t. Baking Powder
- ½ t. Baking Soda
- 3 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 t. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 t. Sea Salt
- ¼ c. Xylitol
- ¼ c. Sucanat
- 2 T. Agave
- ¼ c. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼ c. Applesauce
- 1 Aquafaba Egg
- 1 c. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour or Whole Wheat Spelt Flour
- 1 c. Lily’s Chocolate Chips, melted
- ½ c. Plain, Unsweetened Cashew Milk
- 4 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ c. Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit/Erythritol
- 2 T. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Fruit Juice Dyed Sprinkles, etc
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick coconut oil spray (you will have enough batter for 12 doughnuts).
- Place all doughnut ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Carefully fill each doughnut cavity with the batter and smooth out with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes in pan and remove to cool the rest of the way on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, beat all ingredients together in an electric mixer with the paddle attachment until smooth and stiff.
- Spread a layer of frosting carefully onto the top of each doughnut and top with toppings of choice. Store in airtight container in fridge.