I know the big thing around Valentine’s Day is chocolate dipped strawberries, which are great, but I’ve gotta admit I’m more of a chocolate covered cherry kinda girl. And I know I can’t be the only one! So my love of chocolate and cherries inspired me to create this super simply shake but not just any shake…a CAKE shake. Yep, there is one big ‘ole slice of chocolate cake with vanilla frosting mixed right into this creamy concoction. I picked my slice of cake up in the Wal-mart bakery case (don’t judge) but if I’d been thinking, I would have gotten one of the mega-huge chocolate cupcakes that Walgreens now sells. But the shake still worked out alright. Actually, better than alright–it was, in fact, AWESOME. I topped mine with homemade whipped cream, melted chocolate and festive sprinkles–so cute!
Share one of these with your sweetie tomorrow! Or don’t share….it’s makes enough for two. 😉
- One Big Slice of Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Frosting or Two Regular Cupcakes (or chocolate frosting/white cake/etc..whatever you prefer)
- 20 Maraschino Cherries, chopped
- 1 Pint or 4 BIG scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 14-1/2 c. Heavy Whipping Cream (depends on how thick you want it...I used ½ a cup)
- ¼ t. Pure Vanilla
- 1 T. Maraschino Cherry Juice
- ½ c. Dark Chocolate Chips, melted
- Place all ingredients in the blender (reserving a tablespoon or two of the melted chocolate for decoration) and blend until the shake has reached your desired consistency. Top with your choice of sprinkles, chocolate, whipped cream, etc.