I think it has finally happened. I may have found the PERFECT chocolate chip cookie. I’ve searched high and low and my journey may be over! I’ve always struggled to find the ideal chocolate chips cookie which in my mind is thick, soft and slightly chewy. This N.Y. Times Chocolate Chip Cookie was good, but a little flat for my preference and didn’t quite hit the mark. Then, I saw this recipe by Sally’s Baking Addiction and had to give it a try. I had made her Soft Baked Monster Cookies which were PHENOMENAL so I had full confidence she knew what she was doing when it came to cookies and was excited to try her recipe. And I was NOT disappointed. Seriously, the perfect thickness and so soft and chewy at the same time. Amazing. I was SO happy, I think my search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie is over!
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¾ c. Dark Brown Sugar
- ¼ c. Sugar
- 1 Large Egg, room temperature
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 c. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 t. Cornstarch
- 1 t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 c. Bittersweet Chocolate Chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- ½ c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides as needed. On low speed, mix in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1½" balls with the palms of your hands and place about two inches apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-9 minutes (I did 4 minutes, rotated pans and switched racks and did 5 more minutes) until barely golden brown around the edges. Let cool for 2 minutes on cookie sheets and transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
One Reply to “The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie”
Seriously these will be my favorite chocolate chip cookie forever. I love them! And I’m so happy you do too!