If you are looking for a super decadent, rich, absolutely DELICIOUS and most importantly HEALTHY chocolate cake–look no further! I can honestly say this is maybe the best chocolate cake I’ve ever had and I can only guess it has something to do with the crazy amount of avocado in it! Yes, avocado!
I just love avocado. Although you’d NEVER guess it was in this cake. All you’ll taste is chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate! Oh and some strawberry. 😉 Avocado is so great for chocolate desserts, like this Chocolate Avocado Pudding and I’ve also seen chocolate frosting recipes that use it in place of butter although I have yet to try it myself! It really is the ultimate super food!
What makes this cake even better is the fact that it is totally dairy-free, gluten-free and refined sugar-free! Enjoy a big ‘ole slice without any guilt!
- 3 c. Chopped Avocado (4-5 large), pureed
- ¾ c. Xylitol
- ¾ c. Sucanat
- ¼ c. Agave (optional)
- 4 Large Eggs
- 3 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ c. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ c. Special Dark Cocoa Powder (or use another ½ cup regular)
- ½ t. Sea Salt
- 1 t. Espresso Powder
- 2 t. Baking Soda
- 1 c. Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chunks (optional)
- 1, 14.5 oz. Canned Full-Fat Coconut Cream, chilled in fridge (unopened) for at least 5-8 hours or overnight
- 2-3 T. Refined Coconut Oil, softened
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 t. Cocoa Powder
- 2 T. Agave
- 2 Packets Truvia (or use couple teaspoons of powdered stevia, etc)
- 1 c. Sliced Strawberries
- ½ c. Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Chunks, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two, round 9x9-inch pans with non-stick spray and line with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on low speed, beat the avocado puree, xylitol, sucanat and agave until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until fully incorporated.
- Beat in remaining ingredients (except chocolate chunks). Stir in dark chocolate chunks.
- Divide batter evenly between the two pans--it will be VERY thick. Bake for 22-25 minutes until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place the metal bowl and whisk of an electric mixer in the freezer for at least 30 minutes (if you don’t have an electric mixer, a bowl and whisk should work as well).
- Place the thick cream part of the chilled coconut milk (you can just discard the liquid if there is any or save for smoothies, etc) into the chilled electric mixer bowl and whisk the coconut milk, coconut oil, salt, vanilla, cocoa powder, agave and truvia on medium/high speed until fully combined and thick. Refrigerate or use immediately on cake.
- Remove chilled cakes from pans and peel away parchment paper. Put one cake on a large plate or cake stand. Spread ½ of the whipped on the first cake layer.
- Top with the second cake layer and spread with the remaining whipped Cream
- Place strawberry slices around the outer edge and drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve immediately or refrigerate covered until ready to serve.
One Reply to “Dark Chocolate Strawberry Cream Cake”