I know what you’re thinking….avocado pudding?! Hear me out on this one though! Believe it or not, avocados make a great base for a LOT of desserts. My brother-in-law, who is from the Philippines, will not eat guacamole because where he is from they use avocados in sweet things, smoothies, etc. so using it in a savory way is weird to him. When I heard that I thought it was so strange but it kind of makes sense, especially now that I’ve tried it in a sweet dessert.
Avocados are fairly neutral in flavor, can be blended until they’re super creamy and contain loads of nutrients and healthy fat! And this pudding is absolutely delicious. SUPER thick, creamy, chocolatey and not too sweet. Honestly, I don’t think anyone would know the difference if you never told them it wasn’t “real” pudding. They’d probably even like it better! I know I do. Oh and did I mention it literally takes minutes to make? Put everything in your food processor and done! Easy!
- 3 Medium to Large Avocados
- ½ c. Coconut Milk (or almond milk)
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 T. Regular, Unsweetened Cocoa
- 2 T. Dark Cocoa
- 6 T. Agave (or honey)
- Remove skin and pits from avocados and place in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and blend for a few minutes until mixture is smooth and no green pieces remain. Scrape down the sides and blend for a few seconds more, until mixture is thick. Put pudding in a bowl or air-tight container and place in the fridge for at least one hour before serving.
One Reply to “Chocolate Avocado Pudding”