There’s really not much that needs to be said about these bars except that they have lots of butter, lots of brown sugar, lots of cashews and oh yeah, they will melt in your mouth. I really don’t think you could have a more perfect combination of more glorious things. If cashews aren’t your nut of choice, I’d imagine you could swap them out with toasted pecans or macadamia nuts.
You can literally have these whipped up in no-time…although the cooking time is an entirely different matter. The original recipe said 35-40 minutes but mine didn’t get done until the 50 minute mark. So I’d say just start testing them around 40 minutes and keep an eye on ‘em.
Perfect treat for a lazy Sunday evening…
Adapted from bakeorbreak.com
- 1½ c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 c. Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 c. Packed, Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 8 oz. Salted Cashew Halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until combined after each addition. Mix in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in 1 cup of the cashews.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining cashews, pressing down lightly with your hands. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars.