I know, I know. Nutella has been SO done. But believe it or not, I haven’t done many Nutella recipes on this blog. As a matter of fact, I think the only one I have so far is for these Dark Chocolate Nutella Raspberry Cupcakes. But there is a reason people love their Nutella recipes so much and it’s because, well, the stuff is DANG good. I mean really, all you need is a spoon and the jar and you’re pretty much set. But mix in into your favorite cookie, brownie or in this case Christmas candy, and you’ve got near dessert perfection.
This is another recipe from my baker-extraordinairre friend, Judy. I will never forget the first Christmas party at my first “real job” after I got out of college. She brought these, along with a few other goodies (which I can all recall distinctly and do in fact have the recipes for), and I immediately fell in love. The original recipe calls for peanut butter so I decided this time to switch things up and use Nutella. And ummm, holy cow, mother of mercy. Good. These are good. Kind of amazing. As I was shoving the mixture into my mouth…I mean, delicately taste testing a totally finished and dipped candy, I kept thinking they reminded me of a candy bar but I couldn’t figure out which one. And then it hit me–Ferrero Rocher! YUM.
These babies are seriously the easiest candy I have yet to make this holiday season. It’s all done in one bowl and you don’t even have to use your stove. Love it.
- 1 c. Dry Milk
- 1 c. Quick Oats
- 1 c. Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1 c., plus 2 T. Nutella
- ½ c. Honey (try to use a honey that is mild in flavor, otherwise it will overwhelm the Nutella a bit)
- 1 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 lb. Dark Chocolate Candy Coating Discs (Wilton or Ghirardelli brand is best)
- White Chocolate Candy Coating for drizzle (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix dry milk, oats, cereal, nutella, honey and vanilla. It will be a very thick mixture. Form into 1½” balls and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes while you melt the dark chocolate candy coating. Dip each ball in the dark chocolate candy coating and let dry completely. Decorate with white chocolate, white/red non-pareils or other decor.