Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite combos and it is absolutely delicious in these super easy Peanut Butter Gooey Bars! I looooove easy these days, let me tell ya. Don’t be put off by the use of a boxed cake mix–they really come in handy sometimes! I added Rice Krispies for a little crispy/chewy texture but feel free to leave them out if you wish. Perfect treat to whip up on a cold winter night (which apparently we are having lots of around here in the Midwest–UGH).
- 1 c. Smooth Peanut Butter
- ½ c. Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1, 18.25 oz. Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 c. Rice Krispie Cereal
- 1½ c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1, 14oz. Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 pan.
- Combine peanut butter, butter, eggs, cake mix and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat at medium speed until well combined. Gently mix in the Rice Krispies. Press half the mixture into the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pour on the sweetened condensed milk. Top with remaining cake mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack and cut into squares.