Ok, I’ve got one more last, LAST minute Thanksgiving day dessert! It’s a Pecan Pie Trifle–layers of chunked pecan pie, whipping cream/cream cheese mixture, fudge, caramel and toasted pecans. Doesn’t that sound like pure evil?! Well, it is! Very rich, delicious evil.
You can make the cream cheese mixture or go really simple and do just homemade (or even store bought…I suppose) whipped cream, which I think I might do next time to cut back on the richness of it. And I also did a ganache and homemade salted caramel sauce which I highly suggest doing but when your short on time a store bought, high-quality hot fudge sauce and caramel sauce will work just fine!
- 3 c. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 c. Powdered Sugar
- 2 T. Pure Vanilla
- 2, 8 oz. Packages Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 c. Sugar
- 1 T. Vanilla
- 1, 2-lb. Frozen Pecan Pie, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ c. Chocolate Fudge Sauce (or ganache)
- ½ c. Caramel Sauce
- ½ c. Chopped Pecans, toasted
- In a very cold mixing bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream at high speed until it becomes thick and stiff. Mix in the powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium speed in the bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. Fold in ¾ of the homemade whipped cream.
- Place ⅓ of the pie cubes in the bottom of a large trifle dish or clear, tall glass bowl. Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the pie cubes, drizzle with ⅓ of both sauces and sprinkle with pecans. Repeat two more times, leaving a couple of tablespoons of both sauces and pecans to use for decoration. Spread the remaining whipped cream evenly over the top and drizzle with the rest of the sauce and sprinkle the remaining pecans on top.