It’s been years since I had “real” cheesecake (my faaaaaavorite) and when Thanksgiving came along, I knew it was my chance to see if a vegan one could even get close to what I remembered it tasting like.
I’m happy to report that this one absolutely knocked my socks off! It was a TOTAL hit with me and our family and guests who came over for Thanksgiving. We practically fought over the last piece and you can bet I will be making it again in the very near future. I’m already dreaming of all the variations…peanut butter….lemon…raspberry swirl…SO many possibilities!
It truly makes a beautiful cheesecake and would be perfect for any Christmas or New Year’s Eve events you have coming up!
- 1 ½ sticks Vegan Butter, melted
- 2 c. Crushed Cadia Graham Crackers
- 6 T. Powdered Swerve
- Big Pinch of Sea Salt
- 3 c. Raw Cashews
- ¾ c. Slivered, Blanched Almonds
- 1 c. Full Fat Coconut Milk
- ¾ c. Coconut Oil
- 3 Medium/2 Large Lemons, juiced
- ¾ c. Xylitol
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ t. Sea Salt
- 2, 14.5 oz. Cans Pitted Sour Cherries (in water NOT syrup), drained with ½ c. juice reserved
- 1 c. Xylitol
- ¼ c. Cornstarch
- 1 t. Pure Vanilla Extract (or Almond Extract)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with coconut oil non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, crushed graham crackers, Swerve and salt. Press evenly into the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a high-powered blender, blend together the filling ingredients. Pour into the pan and freeze for several hours or overnight (which is what I did). Remove from the freezer to the refrigerator 3-4 hours before serving OR let it sit out at room temperature for one hour before serving.
- Combine the cherries, ½ c. juice, xylitol and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Cook over low-medium heat until thickened, stirring frequently. Be patient...it will take awhile but the mixture will magically thicken around the 25 minute mark. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla or almond and let cool completely. Store in refrigerator.