This cookie recipe is a favorite of ours around the holidays and soooo super simple to make. They truly are soft and chewy and full of ginger and molasses flavor. The best part is they are plantbased with NO oil, gluten or sugar! How amazing is that?!
Cookie exchange, office party, family get-together, gift giving to neighbors…these are THE perfect cookie that everyone will love. 🙂
- 9 T. Aquafaba (could also do flax egg)
- 1 ½ c. Roasted Almond Butter (just almonds)
- 1 c. Sucanat
- 6 T. Organic Blackstrap Molasses
- 1 ½ T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 t. Dried Ginger
- ¾ t. Allspice
- 1 t. Sea Salt
- ¾ t. Baking Soda
- 1 c. Coconut Flour
- Raw Sugar, for sprinkling or rolling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together aquafaba, almond butter, sucanat, molasses and vanilla on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the spices, salt, baking soda and coconut flour and beat on medium speed until everything is smooth and incorporated and a sticky dough forms.
- Shape dough into 1 ½” balls and roll in raw sugar. Flatten slightly and form into a small disc with your fingers. Alternately, if the dough is too sticky, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto baking sheets and sprinkle with the raw sugar. I've done it both ways
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating pans and switching racks half way through. Remove pans from oven and allow cookies to cool on pan for another 10 minutes. Move to a cooling rack to cool completely.