Full disclosure–this is actually a hummus recipe. Yes, that’s right dessert hummus is a thing and it has been for awhile. I’ve done a couple of variations like this Chocolate Hummus and this Pumpkin Spice Dessert Dip but this latest peanut butter and chocolate mix my be the best one yet!
This stuff is MAJORLY delicious and quite healthy! Don’t you just love when those two things get together?! I do.
Plenty of good stuff in this like protein and fiber from the chickpeas and peanut butter and lots of healthy fats! Think school lunchbox…great with apples, spelt pretzels, graham crackers, strawberries or wrapped up in a whole grain tortilla! Also good on pancakes, waffles, bagels….endless uses! Did I mention you only need a blender?! Yay!
And as always 100% vegan/plantbased and no refined sugar. 🙂
- 1, 15 oz. Can/2 c. Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ c. plus 3 T. Natural Peanut Butter (no added oil, sugar, salt, etc)
- ½ c. Agave (or sweetener of choice and less if you don't want it as sweet)
- ½ t. Sea Salt
- 6 T. Plain, Unsweetened Cashew Milk (or almond, coconut, etc)
- ½-3/4 c. Lily's Dark Chocolate Chips
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in chocolate chips and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with fruit, pretzels, cookies, pancakes, waffles, etc.