So awhile back I made something that consisted of cookie dough, Oreos and brownies and put it in a muffin tin and baked it. It had no name and still doesn’t! Little did I realize that someone had already done these brownie/bar thingies (of course) and had named them Slutty Brownies. Scandalous! But totally appropriate. These brownie/bars are amazingly rich, amazingly good and amazingly sinful. Don’t think about the calories…it’s worth it. I decided to revamp my original recipe and do them in a pan, which quite frankly makes a lot more sense than doing them individually in a muffin tin. Duh.
Now are you ready for the really good part? I covered them in PEANUT BUTTER FROSTING. I mean we just went from slutty to total whore (excuse my language). Who doesn’t love brownies, Oreos, chocolate chip cookies and peanut butter frosting?? And altogether in one dessert?! Divine. And rich. Yes, milk is a must for this one.
P.S. If you want to save a little time on these bars, you could make both the cookie dough and the frosting ahead of time and just keep it refrigerated until ready to use! Or you could even use a cookie and brownie MIX. I highly recommend the Ghirardelli Double Fudge Brownies!
- ½ c. Granulated Sugar
- ½ c. Brown Sugar, packed
- ⅓ c. Shortening
- ½ Stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¾ t. Baking Soda
- ¼ t. Salt
- 1⅛ c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 35 Oreos (will be slightly more than one package)
- ½ c., plus 2 T. All-Purpose Flour
- ½ t. Salt
- 1 T. Dark Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 c. Dark/Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ t. Instant Coffee Granules
- ¾ c. Granulated Sugar
- ¼ c. Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 2 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 T. Unsalted Butter
- 1 c. Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 c. Powdered Sugar
- 5 T. Heavy Whipping Cream (or whole milk)
- 2 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- In a mixer, cream the sugars, butter and shortening until fluffy. Add egg, then vanilla. Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and add to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Press evenly into the pan. Layer with Oreos.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Put the chocolate, butter and instant coffee granules into a medium bowl and melt in the microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring between each time until completely melted and smooth. Add sugars and whisk until completely combined. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add 2 of the eggs and whisk until combined. Add the remaining egg and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla and stir until combined. Do not overbeat the batter at this stage or the brownies will be cakey.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture. Using a rubber spatula (not a whisk), fold the flour mixture into the chocolate. Pour the batter over the Oreos.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack and frost with Peanut Butter Frosting.
- In an electric mixer, beat the butter and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in one cup of the powdered sugar. Beat in half of the heavy whipping cream. Beat in the remaining powdered sugar and heavy whipping cream. Beat in vanilla. Spread over cooled brownie bars.