Get some milk. Like, a gallon. These are VERY rich but for some reason you won’t be able to stop eating them. Maybe because it’s a chocolate chip cookie…and an Oreo…and a brownie…all in one, umm, cookie? Brownie? Cakelet? It’s definitely not a muffin. Kind of looks like one but it is definitely, DEFINITELY NOT a muffin. And sadly, without that pretty swirl of frosting on top, it can’t pass as a cupcake. Bummer.
Hmmm, what to call it. Well, if you can think of anything let me know. For now, just know that when you layer chocolate chip cookie dough with an Oreo and top it with brownie batter you pretty much have a trifecta of cookie awesomeness that is nearly indescribable. Make these now!
P.S. My husband suggested topping them with buttercream. Where would he get such a crazy idea?!?
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1 c. Brown Sugar, packed
- ¾ c. Shortening
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 Eggs
- 2 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ t. Baking Soda
- ½ t. Salt
- 2¼ c. AP Flour
- 1, 12 oz. Package Semi-Sweet Mini Chocolate Chips
- In a mixer, cream sugars, butter and shortening until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium bowl and add to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. set aside
- Brownie Batter
- 4 (1 oz.) Unsweetened Chocolate Baking Squares
- ¾ c. (1½ sticks) Unsalted Butter
- ¾ c. Granulated Sugar
- 1¼ c. Brown Sugar, packed
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 c. AP flour
- 3 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅛ t. Salt
- Microwave chocolate squares and butter in a large microwave-safe bowl until melted and smooth, stirring at 20-second intervals. Whisk in granulated and brown sugars. Add eggs, 1 at a time, whisking just until blended after each addition. Whisk in vanilla. Whisk in flour and salt.
- Buy them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously spray a regular size muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Using a 2-inch scoop, drop a level scoop of cookie dough into the muffin tin. Gently press an Oreo into the cookie dough. Spoon a small amount of brownie batter over the Oreo. Bake for 15-18 minutes (15 for barely under-done and slightly gooey). Let cool completely in the muffin tin. Gently slide a butter knife along the sides of the muffin tin and carefully remove.