One of the best combos around is apple and caramel and you can’t help but notice those ginormous dipped apples when you go in a store like Wal-mart at this time of year. You know the ones, covered in every sugary things known to man–M&M’s, Oreos, sprinkles, candy corn, gummy bears, three different kinds of chocolate, etc, etc–yeah, those.
The candy is bad enough but the caramel isn’t much better. Let’s take a peak at the ingredients…high fructose corn syrup, milk, sugar, butter, artificial flavors, palm oil and of course tons of preservatives. So essentially it’s crap. But thankfully there are some great alternatives to get your caramel+apple fix and this recipe in my opinion is better than any huge, sugar covered apple you could buy.
The salted caramel sauce has the perfect amount of salt to offset the sweet of the caramel and chocolate and I love the little bites of chocolate chips and pecans sprinkled over all of it. The best part of course is that it’s totally dairy and refined sugar FREE.
It truly is a perfect, healthy fall dessert!
- ½ c. Agave
- ½ c. Unsalted Roasted Almond Butter
- ⅓ c. Coconut Oil
- 2 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ t. plus ⅛ t. Sea Salt
- 3 Fuji Apples, cut into 30 thin slices each (toss with a bit of lemon juice to keep from browning)
- ½ recipe 5-Minute Salted Caramel Sauce
- ⅓ c. Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, melted
- ¼ c. Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, for topping
- ½ c. Toasted, Chopped Pecans, for topping
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan. Whisk together over medium-low heat until all ingredients are melted together, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Arrange apple slices in a circular pattern on a large plate.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
One Reply to “Dairy-Free Salted Caramel Apple Nachos”