It’s fall which of course means pumpkin EVERYTHING. And I love it! Pumpkin has so many great uses in baking, especially when it comes to baking something HEALTHY. Sadly, I don’t have many healthy pumpkin recipes up to this point on my blog, but I do love this Pumpkin Spice Dessert Dip and just made these Fudgy Butternut Squash Brownies with PUMPKIN instead of the butternut squash and they were amazing!
So, I’m excited to add these Pumpkin and Dark Chocolate Energy Bites to the mix. These little gems are so tasty and so very good for you! I don’t mind giving these to my kids for breakfast one bit. They’ve got fiber, protein, good fats and some great nutrients! Oh and the best part…DARK CHOCOLATE. 😀
They only take a few minutes to whip up–give ’em a try!
- 3 c. Oats
- 1, 15 oz. Can Pumpkin Puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling (prefer organic)
- ¾ c. Roasted Almond Butter (no salt, oil added...just roasted almonds)
- ½ c. plus 2 T. Agave
- ½ t. Cinnamon
- ½ t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 6 T. Ground Flaxseeds
- ¼ c. Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 c. Raw Sunflower Seeds, toasted
- ¾ c. Chocolate Dreams Chocolate Chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together oats, pumpkin puree, almond butter, agave, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, ground flaxseed and shredded coconut until well combined.
- Stir in sunflower seeds and dark chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls of about 1½″ in diameter.
- Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment or foil and place in the freezer for one hour. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.