I am still on a healthy sweet kick around here! Hope you guys don’t mind! I have been craving chocolate like MAD lately but didn’t want all the refined sugar, dairy and other junk that comes in commercially produced chocolate. And believe it or not, you can actually make chocolate HEALTHY. Well, ok, I’m not sure it would be classified as a health food but it’s 1,000x’s better than what you’d buy at the store.
Good fat from coconut oil and organic cocoa make these little gems possible. Seriously, we love them. Yes, hubby loves them too which is the true test of course! I topped mine with coconut, raisins, pistachios, almonds and dried mango. Next time I’m going to experiment with pure mint oil, peanut butter and a few other variations I have running through my brain. I can’t wait!
Original Recipe: Pepperplate
- ⅔ c. Organic, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ⅔ c. Organic Coconut Oil
- ⅓ c. Agave (or honey, etc)
- 1 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- Toppings such as dried fruit, nuts, coconut, etc
- Place mini muffin or candy cups on a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, melt coconut oil. Whisk in cocoa, agave and vanilla all at once. Spoon chocolate into muffin/candy cups and top with toppings of your choice. Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes until hardened. Store in refrigerator or freezer.