Have you heard of dessert hummus? Sounds kind of gross, right? When you think of hummus you typically think savory, spicy, chickpea goodness served with veggies, crisp chips and deliciously soft, warm pita bread. You usually don’t think of dessert. But this recipe will forever change the way you view hummus! Because chickpeas have a fairly neutral flavor, they are a great base for MANY things (brownies, fudge, etc). Kind of like avocado…remember this awesome Chocolate Avocado Pudding made with avocados?! Yeah, it was awesome. But back to the hummus…in a word, this stuff ROCKS. You would never know it was made with BEANS and you definitely don’t have to tell people. I absolutely love that it is healthy and a perfect holiday treat. I served it with graham crackers, gluten-free cinnamon crisp cookies and tart fuji apples. I actually liked the apples best for dipping! That is when I was actually using something to dip it with and not just eating it with a spoon. Kind of addictive. But in a good way! Try this for your next holiday party just don’t mention the beans!
- 3 c. Chickpeas (2, 15 oz. cans), drained and rinsed
- 2 c. Pumpkin Puree (I like organic because it has the best taste)
- ½ c. Almond Butter
- ¼ c. Olive Oil
- ½ c. Agave (or honey, maple syrup, etc)
- 4 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 t. Cinnamon
- ¼ t. Ground Ginger
- ⅛ t. Nutmeg
- ⅛ t. Ground Cloves
- ½ t. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve with cookies, apples, pumpkin or apple bread, etc.