Surprise! It’s me. 🙂 Yep, I’m blogging again…a year later! I took a break to do a little something called bhsmealplans.com (ebook coming soon!) and while it was a great year of creating, testing and perfecting recipes, I’m ready to get back to blogging!
I decided to give the ‘ole blog a fresh new look (thanks to my super talented and creative hubby) and even a new direction…HEALTHY desserts! It’s my true passion and pretty much the only type of sweet anything that happens in this house most likely contains chia seeds, some kind of nut butter and agave. 😀 Whereas I used to never run out of butter, refined sugar and all-purpose flour, I don’t even keep those things stocked!
I’m super excited about the new direction for Desserted Planet and started to think about what recipe I’d debut my new-ish blog with but instead of agonizing FOREVER about the recipe I wanted to use, I decided to just do one that I make ALOT around here and my kids LOVE–Chocolate Hummus!
It’s super easy, great for dessert OR breakfast (yes we totally eat it for breakfast) and just good. Really, really good! So here you go, hope you try it and find it as incredibly yummy as we do!
- 1, 15 oz. Can Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 T. Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1 t. Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ c. All-Natural Almond Butter (I’ve also used cashew butter and it’s yummy)
- ¼ c. plus 2 T. Unsweetened Cashew or Almond Milk
- ¼ c. plus 2 T. Agave (or sweetener of choice)
- ⅛ t. Cinnamon (use less or omit if you don’t care for cinnamon)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips (for topping--optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled, topped with mini chocolate chips and serve with strawberries, grapes, sliced bananas, sliced apples, whole grain graham crackers, etc.