The title of this recipe does not lie. These truly are THE BEST chocolate chip cookie bars I have ever had! My friend made these for a New Year’s Eve party and I became obsessed with them and had to make them! They are the thickest, softest, chewiest, most delicious cookie bar! And easy peasy, like 30 minutes start to finish. Love that!
I almost like them as much as my super yummy Sugar Cookie Bars..almost. I’m still a sucker for frosting on a cookie. Which just gave me the idea that putting buttercream on these bad boys might make them the most insanely delicious thing I’ve ever tasted. Hmmm I’m gonna go try that out right now…
Recipe Source: So Festive!
- 1 c. Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 c. Brown Sugar
- ¾ c. Granulated Sugar
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 3 c. All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ t. Salt
- ¾ t. Baking Soda
- 1 c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 c. Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter, sugars and vanilla until thoroughly incorporated, about 3 minutes. Add in eggs at low speed.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda. Add gradually to butter mixture at low speed until fully incorporated. Add in chocolate chips at low speed.
- Spread evenly in pan and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 20-25 minutes (mine took about 25) until a tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into squares.