Just when I think I’ve found the most amazing brownie recipe ever and can end my search for good, I find another recipe that claims to be “the best, most chocolatey, fudgiest, decadent, to-die-for, OMG good” brownie EVER and just have to try it. Such was the case with these Ultimate Fudge Brownies.
I’ve tried a few brownie recipes in my time (many flops that I have never even bothered to blog about…or maybe I should have just as a warning to readers haha) and thought I had found the perfect one with the infamous Baked Brownie but honestly, this new one totally gives it a run for its money. And I’m pretty positive I like it better. Ok, I KNOW I do. It’s thicker, denser, fudgier, richer and so, so, SO GOOD. The perfect brownie? Umm, yes. For now at least! I’m not sure it can get any better! And they are easier to make than the Baked Brownie which is another plus when you’re the mom of a newborn. You DEFINITELY need fast and easy.
- 1 c. (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter
- 1¾ c., plus 2 T. Sugar
- 1¼ c. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ¼+1/8 t. Salt
- 3 Large Eggs, cold
- ¾ c. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 c. Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ c. White Chocolate Chips (or whatever kind you prefer…dark, milk, butterscotch, peanut butter, etc)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×9 square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the butter, sugar, cocoa and salt in a large bowl in the microwave at 30 second increments, stirring each time until the butter is completely melted. Mixture will look gritty. Set aside for a few minutes and let cool slightly.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each addition. The batter will be thick and glossy. Add the flour, stirring with a whisk until just combined. Do not overmix the batter. Gently fold in the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips with a large spatula. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick/tester inserted in the middle comes out clean with only a few crumbs. Do not overbake.
- Cool brownies completely on a cooling rack, cut into squares and store in an air-tight container.