Ladies and gentleman, I may have discovered my most absolutely, favorite, healthy dessert recipe to date! To say these “rice krispie” bars are good is an understatement…they are amazing. Quite truthfully, if given the choice between these bars and oh say a cupcake, I’d choose the bars! Yes, that’s how good they are!
I found this recipe over at ohsheglows.com and just the words “no-bake” and “almond butter” drew me in immediately. I think one thing that made a difference for my bars was the particular kind of brown rice cereal that I bought at our local health food store. It’s made by Enjoy Life Foods and it was so crunchy and delicious in these. I was a little skeptical about the bars holding together without any marshmallow like a typical rice krispie treat but the almond butter and agave works perfectly as a binder. I did leave them in the fridge, just to be on the safe side and I actually liked them cold the best.
Do yourself a favor and try these immediately!
- ½ c. Almond Butter (or any all-natural nut butter you prefer)
- ½ c. Agave (or honey, maple syrup, date syrup, etc)
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- ½ t. Fine Sea Salt
- 3.5 c. Brown Rice Crisp Cereal
- ⅛-1/4 c. Bake Believe Dark Chocolate Chips, melted (for drizzle)
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, add the agave, coconut oil, almond butter and salt. Stir well until combined and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Stir in the brown rice crisp cereal until thoroughly coated.
- Scoop into pan and spread evenly. Place in freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from freezer and drizzle with the melted chocolate. Place in freezer to harden the chocolate, about 5 minutes. Slice into squares and serve or store in fridge until ready to serve.