There was a time in my life when if you had told I could blend peanut butter and beans in a blender and get DESSERT out of the concoction, I’d have said you are CRAZY. But oh my how true it is. From brownies to cupcakes, beans are an absolute awesome way to make sweet stuff with less fat and tons more fiber! And you don’t have to compromise taste and texture to get the health benefits, which is nice.
When I came up with this recipe I was amazed how much it tasted like peanut butter fudge! So addictive and good. The short list of ingredients and simple instructions make it a win-win for a healthy, quick dessert! We love these things and I know you will too. Just trying to help you stick to those New Year’s resolutions!
- 1½ c. (14 oz.) Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 T. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 c. Organic Peanut Butter (I used one that is only organic peanuts)
- ⅔ c. Agave (could also use honey)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- ½ c. Low-Sugar Granola (I used one that is sweetened only with organic apple juice. Try to find one that does not use refined sugar.)
- Lightly spray a 9×9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, process all ingredients except the granola until completely blended and smooth. Pour into the pan and spread evenly. Cover with foil and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Cut fudge into 1½” squares. Working quickly, shape into balls and roll in granola. Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.